If you are a high school student taking the Advanced Placement (AP) course, you are likely familiar with the AP research paper. This paper is a crucial component of the AP program, as it allows students to demonstrate their independent research skills and ability to write effective academic papers. However, with the due date for the 2022 AP research paper approaching, you may be wondering when it is due and how you can prepare for it.
- The due date for the 2022 AP research paper is May 6, 2022.
- Students must submit their final paper and all supporting materials by this date.
- The AP research paper is a crucial part of the AP program, as it allows students to demonstrate their research skills and writing abilities.
- To prepare for the final submission, students should start early, gather relevant sources, and create a strong outline.
Brief History of the AP Program and the Importance of the Research Paper
The AP program was created by the College Board in the 1950s as a way to offer high school students the opportunity to take college-level courses and earn college credit or advanced placement. The program has grown significantly over the years, with over 2.8 million students taking AP exams in 2020.
Today, the AP program offers over 38 courses across a wide range of subjects, including English, math, science, history, and foreign languages. The AP research paper is a crucial component of the program, as it allows students to demonstrate their independent research skills and ability to write an academic paper. The paper is completed over the course of the academic year and is worth 50% of the student’s overall AP score.
When is the AP Research Paper Due in 2022?
The due date for the 2022 AP research paper is May 6, 2022. This date is set by the College Board and is the same for all AP students across the world. This means that students must submit their final paper and all supporting materials by this date.
It is important to note that the AP research paper is a significant undertaking that requires students to start the process early and work consistently throughout the academic year. Students will need to select a research topic, gather relevant sources, organize their research, and write their paper. To ensure that they are able to complete these tasks to the best of their abilities, students should create a clear timeline and set realistic goals for themselves.
Tips for Preparing for the AP Research Paper
To prepare for the AP research paper final submission, students should start early and stay organized throughout the process. Here are a few tips to help:
- Select a research topic early: The sooner students select a research topic, the more time they will have to gather relevant sources and refine their thesis. It is also important to choose a topic that they are passionate about and that aligns with their interests.
- Gather relevant sources: Students should use a variety of sources, including books, academic journals, and reputable websites, to gather information on their chosen topic.
- Organize their research: To avoid getting overwhelmed, students should organize their research into clear categories or themes. This will make it easier to write the paper and ensure that all information is properly cited.
- Create a strong outline: A strong outline will help students organize their thoughts and ensure that their paper flows logically. It should include a clear thesis statement, introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Begin writing early: Writing the paper will take time, so students should begin writing as soon as possible. They should also allow time for revisions and proofreading.
By following these tips, students can ensure that they are well-prepared for the AP research paper and can submit their best work by the May 6, 2022 deadline.
Q: Can I choose any research topic for the AP research paper?A: Yes, as long as the topic is academic and can be supported with reliable sources.
Q: How long should the AP research paper be?A: The paper should be between 4000-5000 words or approximately 15-20 pages, excluding citations and supporting materials.
Q: Can I complete the AP research paper individually or with a partner?A: The AP research paper is an independent research project and must be completed individually.
Q: What happens if I miss the May 6, 2022 deadline for the AP research paper?A: Students who do not submit their final paper and all supporting materials by the deadline will receive a score of zero for the AP research paper component.
Q: How is the AP research paper graded?A: The paper is graded by a team of expert readers based on several criteria, including the student’s ability to select and develop a research question, use sources to support their argument, and write effectively. The paper is worth 50% of the student’s overall AP score.